Can Silver Amalgam Fillings make you Sick?

Can Silver Amalgam Fillings make you Sick?

Silver amalgam fillings contain nearly 50 percent mercury, and although the FDA continues to believe silver amalgam fillings are safe, the evidence is stacked against those claims.

According to Dentistry for Health NY, the Food and Drug Administration in the United States has refused to make the public aware of the dangers. Despite evidence showing that mercury is toxic and is released every time you brush, floss, eat, and drink, they refuse to acknowledge the dangers.

Dr. Reid Winick from Dentistry for Health NY explains that the vapors in the mercury pass through the membranes in your cells and through your central nervous system causing a blood-brain barrier. This could cause neurological and psychological problems. High levels of the vapor from the mercury can cause adverse effects on the kidneys and the brain. Fetuses and children carry the most risk as their brains are continuing to develop.

For more than 150 years, dental fillings have been made from amalgam, which consists of elemental mercury, and a powered alloy that is composed of copper, tin and silver.

The World Health Organization states that no level of mercury is safe. According to WHO, mercury is the most non-radioactive, poisonous substance in the world and can contribute to nearly every health issue on the planet.

Chronic mercury poisoning directly related to silver amalgam fillings accumulates slowly and because it is found in every single cell in your body would take years to accumulate. Chronic mercury poisoning is a problem that may not rear its head for a decade or more.

Safe silver amalgam filling removal in New York is available from Dentistry for Health NY and is the best way to give your body a new lease on life.

If you would like more information regarding silver amalgam fillings and their removal, call or click and schedule an appointment with your Holistic Dentist in New York, Dentistry for Health NY. Call or click now.